Mini chicken souvlaki bites on crispy pitta bread
- 800 gr chicken filet
- 2 red peppers
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- salt, pepper
- 4 mini pitta bread
- Remove unnecessary fats and fibers and cut the filet into cubes.
- Marinate in olive oil, lemon juice and zest, oregano leaves, paprika, salt and pepper for at least three hours.
- Wash and cut the peppers in size proportional to the filet and thread the pieces of meat alternately with peppers onto the sticks.
- Bake in a powerful electric grill, a barbeque or a ribbed pan until they turn golden and juicy.
- Coat the pitta bread with olive oil, salt and oregano and cook in a frying pan or grill.
- Place the souvlaki on top of the pitta bread.