- 1 medium aubergine, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Manouri cheese cut into sticks (about 5 x 1.5 cm), 12 pieces
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 40 ml aged wine vinegar
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small re pepper, diced
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1/2 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt, pepper
Cook the slices of aubergine on the grill with a little olive oil until soft. Set aside to cool. Cut the manouri into sticks (approx. 5×1.5cm). Roll it with slices of aubergine and place in a baking tin. In a bowl, whisk the olive oil and vinegar together, then add peppers,onion, garlic, parsley, tomato, salt and pepper and mix well. Pour the mixture over the rolls and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Remove rolls from refrigerator and wait until they reach room temperature.
Serve with a little marinade. Any rolls left over should be kept refrigerated.