Mini pork souvlaki bites on crispy pitta bread
- Pork Souvlaki
- 8 bamboo sticks
- 800 gr pork filet
- 2 green peppers
- 1 fresh lemon, cut in four
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves,
- 50 gr mustard
- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 ml vinegar
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- salt, pepper
- 4 mini pitta bread
- Remove unnecessary fats and fibers and cut the filet into cubes.
- Marinate in olive oil, thyme, vinegar, mustard, cumin, salt and pepper for at least three hours.
- Wash and cut the peppers in size proportional to the filet and thread the pieces of meat alternately with peppers onto the sticks.
- Bake in a powerful electric grill, a barbeque or a ribbed pan until they turn golden and juicy.
- Coat the pitta bread with olive oil, salt and oregano and cook in a frying pan or grill.
- Place the souvlaki on top of the pitta bread.